Established in 1980, Benicia Community Arts is a 501c3 nonprofit service organisation whose mission is to increase community access to the arts. A wide variety of services help to achieve this goal, including:
– The annual FESTIVAL OF ARTS IN THE PARK in celebration of the creative process;
– Coordinates A LOT OF ART, the six-week outdoor arts program for children ages 5 to 12;
– Purchase of curriculum guides for Benicia Unified School District’s Elementary School Art Docent program;
– Maintaining an arts resource data base shared with City of Benicia, Benicia Chamber of Commerce Business Directory, and Benicia Herald Community Calendar;
– Purchase of the Alice Hagar bronze sculpture entitled “Us”, installed at the Benicia Public Library;
– Purchase of art books and videos of Benicia artists for Benicia Library;
– Start-up nonprofit sponsorship of the Benicia Ballet;
– Administration of the Armand Sanguinazzi Arts Scholarship for a graduating Benicia High School senior.
Net proceeds from all BCA festivals and fund raising activities support this diverse approach to community cultural needs. BCA festivals are juried for quality and variety with an eye to introducing the public to high standards in arts of all disciplines: visual, literary and performing. Surveys show that families choose BCA events because BCA has established public interaction as a primary ingredient in arts advocacy.
Your participation is welcomed!